Friday, September 5, 2008

Another year...


Pic Caption: What's left after my co-workers "surprised" me with a cake and card. I actually didn't want to touch the cake. It looked rather nice.

Before I write my first official entry in HWISS, just let me say that I have turned 24 years old today.

YES!!! I am blessed to have lived, learned, laughed and loved for another year. Sure life seemed hard at times, but I was surrounded by family, my ACEs, fraternity and other positive people to help get me through.

I will be the FIRST to say that I did not get to where I am by myself. Someone along the road offered a smile or helpful advice to make my journey a bit more pleasant.

Okay --- so I'm 24 now, and I am still at a point in my life where I am examining the past and present to determine how it will effect my future. If you know me, you'd say to yourself, "Oh boy -- here he go again!" LOL --- But it's true. I have been at this point for a while and as long as I live, I will continue to reflect on my life in the past, the present and what I need to do to POSITIVELY effect my future. It ALWAYS starts with a plan.

So the common question of the day is --- "What are your plans for your bday/bday weekend?"
And the answer will be --- "To enjoy it!"

Here's where I stand...
I plan ANYTHING and EVERYTHING if necessary, but I've never planned anything around my bday. I guess it's because I rather enjoy it for the randomness of it all, than to be disappointed by something that doesn't go as planned.

I also feel that my birthday should be shared with people that I care about. I would rather be surrounded by a group of 5 real people, than 50 fake people. You feel me?

Still...
There is nothing wrong with throwing a party here and there, and in fact --- it MAY be done for the big 25 next year! *Mark your calendars*

Bottom line is --- birthdays should be enjoyed however the individual chooses to enjoy them. I spent most of the night working until the wee hours of the morning just to enjoy my day. Now since I have the rest of the day off --- I'm going to do whatever it takes to enjoy it!!! Nothing more, nothing less.

Aight -- my 10 minutes is up -- but that's where I stand!

Stay tuned for the official post!

No comments: