Monday, September 15, 2008

Readers Wanna Know: My Take on Little Kids Doing Adult Dances

What's good everyone? Welcome to the first of the mini-series titled, “Readers Wanna Know!”

In this series, readers will suggest topics for me to cover on HWISS. Topics will and can be serious/funny/crazy azz hell. So yes, PLEASE email me your thoughts and ideas on situations/topics/videos/songs – whatever you’d like!

Today’s Topic: “Readers Wanna Know Where I Stand on Kids Who Dance Like Adults”

Today’s topic comes from one my ACE researchers, I.N.K.

It is a video of little children (ages 6-7) dancing at somebody’s birthday party.
Cute huh? I’m not even gonna’ front – I laughed my azz off! But before I let you know where I stand, I’ll let you see the video for yourself:




Here's Where I Stand...
When I first saw this video, I wanted to snatch those two little kids up and beat their azzes!

Who taught them how to dance like that? At times like this, I have no choice but to blame the parents. I mean -- that little girl was doing ALL types of positions on that little boy (smh) -- and she wasn't shy either! What's worse is that the parents and adults in the background are cheering these little goblins on! Not acceptable -- at ALL!

How do you prevent this? It's as simple as turning the channel from music videos to cartoons, or better yet, giving their simple azzes a book to read! I hope that those children put as much effort into their school work as they do learning those dances!

Still...
That video definitely made me laugh -- then cry -- then laugh again lol. You couldn't tell those kids NOTHING! -- And that's where I stand!

Where you do stand on kids who dance like adults?

Readers' Responses:

  1. “LOL -- Somebody get these damn kids!”
  2. “We wonder why men don't respect black women (or any for that matter) this is why. It is constantly and consistently ingrained in minds of men that women are nothing more than sexual objects.”
  3. “OMG!!! I would beat her asssssssssss!!!
  4. “If we begin to set better examples for the future of American, then perhaps America's future would be just a lil bit better.”
  5. “This is a HOT AZZ MESS!!!!”
  6. “Personally, I don't see the comedy that had you doubling over with laughter.”
  7. “As a mother to a four year old girl I must say that this video both disgust AND saddens me.”
  8. “If each year the generations get worse... how much worse will the generation after them be?!!”
  9. “Not for nothing but this is why overall we haven't made it further than we should have. Cause we got some ignorant, simple people holdin' us back!”
  10. “What makes it worse....there were adults cheering the kids on.”

P.S. Please be sure to contact me if you have any videos/photos/songs/ideas/situations that you would like me to cover!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS A DAYUM SHAME!!!!


We wonder why teens can't keep their legs closed. Why they keep having all these darn kids. This young princess twisted and turned her lines (not even curves, YET) like she was tryna get her rent money. We wonder why men don't respect black womenn (or any for that matter) this is why. It is constantly and consistently ingrained in minds of men that women are nothing more than sexual objects.

I must admit that I have seen little kids dance suggestively... BUT NEVER like that... with such a large audience and together.

THIS WAS A SHAME! I am ashamed!

Anonymous said...

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! This behavior is completely unacceptable from kids. At first, they may start "dancing like adults", but what's next? Sex? Exactly, because what do most people relate this form of dancing to? Sex! Things such as this should be nipped in the bud asap, and we as older beings shouldn't approve of such actions. Parents need to start being parents, instead of "friends" and tell children that behaviors such as this will not fly! And we as parents or older siblings should limit the things that kids are exposed to, such as music videos/music, language, bad habits (ie smokine weed,cursing, objectification of women/men). After all "children mimic what they see at home". If we begin to set better examples for the future of American, then perhaps America's future would be just a lil bit better.

A.Warren

Monee said...

This is a HOT AZZ MESS!!!! But like you said they got it from somewhere so they are not fully to blame. And who is taping this? And who is clapping? And who posted it on the internet? That is where the problem lies...they are merely mocking what they have seen.

Anonymous said...

Terrible...Just terrible... When that girl's a pregnant teen or that boy's a teenage father, their parents can refer to that video to see where they went wrong..

Anonymous said...

As a mother to a four year old girl I must say that this video both disgust AND saddens me. It is a shame that you have parents out their who find it amusing that their children are dancing like grown adults! Why not just give the children a beer and a blunt while you are at it? Obviously it is ok for them to do what adults do right? If I EVER caught Makenna dancing like that with some little boy, She would have problems shaking ANYTHING for at LEAST 2 weeks! In no way is this EVER cute nor tolerable.

Anonymous said...

I hate to agree with Courtney, only because I like to think it's innocent. But I do remember what my parents told me.... "My goodies belonged to them until i'm 18", lol.
If each year the generations get worst... how much worst will the generation after them be!!! That generation probable wont be dancing at that age... they will probable be having straight sex. CRAZY
If they can imitate it now we better take the warning and start educating them NOW.

Anonymous said...

Sad.. I don't understand. Has anyone ever seen a baby dance? At most they stomp their feet and spin in circles... This lil girl has been watching someone HARD. Someone thought this was cute. I'm sad.. with parents like that ou children have no hope.

My cousin whipped my little cousin for raising up her dress while she was dancing... she was 3 at the time. You have to get them together early.

Mess...

Anonymous said...

Someone should have called the police because what I just saw was criminal! There is no good reason why on God's green earth children should be carrying on this way. As Genese wrote, obviously these children have been watching someone - the wrong someone. Not for nothing but this is why overall we haven't made it further than we should have. "Cause we got some ignorant, simple people holdin' us back! In a few years when they're teenagers and they both show up at their mama's doors with some kids in tow (or a bag full of medication to treat their diseases) I wonder if they will think that's cute too?

Anonymous said...

Ok....I would've whooped that little girls behind! This was a hot mess. There is no reason why those kids should know how to dance like that. Where have the parents been taking these kids in order for them to learn that? And what makes it worse....there were adults cheering the kids on. Everybody in that room needed their tails whooped for letting those kids behave like that. Those kids need to be in Sunday School instead of at the parties with their parents. A hot scorching mess. smh

Anonymous said...

Ok coming from a single mom of a 5yr old daughter, who believes that dancing is her putting on a dress and twirling in circles, I'm pissed. I WISH NEVAEH KEANU WOULD!!! I would beat some black onto my child. Its sad how the kids and adults went to clapping and cheering that lil heifa on! And ppl wonder why our young kids are getting pregnant at 10 and 11yrs old. It's a damn shame that parents think this is funny. It is not copestetic for your child to know how to p-pop and her ass can't multiply.